Boss DS-1 Distortion settings

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
guitar-_-life

What are the settings on Steve's DS-1 distortion pedal?

I know his is custom made but just thought I'd ask to see if anyone knew.
brentm

There's a picture of his DS-1 in this thread.

http://vai.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1 ... r+pictures

Have fun!

-Brent
guitar-_-life

Thanks! :D
SPQR

Nice does Steve double the od with the ds-1 onto his lead channel in legacy?

:lol:
sledge76

Does anybody know how the Turbo Tube Screamer and the DS-1 are wired (I guess they are in line, first the tube screamer then the ds-1 to the other pedals and then to the amp but I´m not sure) and how they are used (clean or lead channel)?
lydian2000

brentm wrote:There's a picture of his DS-1 in this thread.

http://vai.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1 ... r+pictures

Have fun!

-Brent
WOW thanks i hadnt seen that one...thank you very much Jeroen!

funny i just had a look at my DS-1 turns out I have the exact same settings!!!

but without the legacy and the dimarzio evolution, nor Thomas Nordegg's world class engineering! :lol:

8) 8)
pagliai

in tube screamer out in ds1 out and they go into lead channel ,tube screamer keeley for the fast tempo songs and ds1 for the slow tempos 'cause ds1 are more full and in the faster songs i thinkl steve need so much cleanest and tight tone.
hope this helps
Alex
TongueNGroove

Why do you guys even bother? I mean, what's the greatest thing you are going to acheive, having Vai's exact tone? Then what? Don't you want your OWN tone?
brentm

TongueNGroove wrote:Why do you guys even bother? I mean, what's the greatest thing you are going to acheive, having Vai's exact tone? Then what? Don't you want your OWN tone?
Ya, given the fact that I can never sound or play as good as Vai, I should probably just give up on the guitar and sell it on eBay... huh?

Lighten up man... Most successful people have modeled themselves after other, already successful people. It's nothing new. It doesn't mean you have to rediscover the wheel... or fire... or the recipe for tone.

Anyway... Only Vai will have Vai's exact tone.
TongueNGroove

I have no problem with people using the same equipment as others, it's just when it gets into the realm of wanting to know exactly what settings every knob is on.

If you are planning to do some Vai cover tunes then I guess it's totaly reasonable to want to get as close as possible, but it seems a lot of people on this board want to be Steve, all the way from having every exact peice of equipment set on the exact settings to even putting a piece of tape over then end of a pickup to anything other little thing Steve does.

All I am saying is, and I am sure Steve would say the same, look at Steve as an inspiration to do your own thing, don't actualy try to become him. I mean, what if Steve devoted his life to trying to be exactly like one of his guitar hero's? We wouldn't even be sitting here having this conversation on his website.
RolandRockstar
Newcomer

There's a new Ibanez Vai distortion pedal out soon
8bigtubes

RolandRockstar wrote:There's a new Ibanez Vai distortion pedal out soon
Yup.
It's called the Gemini. It has 2 dist channels that are voiced differently. That's all I know of it so far :)
bkornaker1977

8bigtubes wrote:
Yup.
It's called the Gemini. It has 2 dist channels that are voiced differently. That's all I know of it so far :)
where did you guys hear this from?
seljer

bkornaker1977 wrote:
8bigtubes wrote:
Yup.
there was an interview on ultimateguitar.com , as well as a mysterious metal box with 2 footswitches in some recent photos of his pedalboard
resha

seljer wrote:
bkornaker1977 wrote:
8bigtubes wrote: Yup.
there was an interview on ultimateguitar.com , as well as a mysterious metal box with 2 footswitches in some recent photos of his pedalboard
and from Mikey too :wink: