What kind of paper is this?

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
MP_Micke
Newcomer

What kind of paper is this that he uses at the back of his guitars to stop the noise from the springs? is it normal toilet tissue or some kind of napkin paper? what is it? I really need it for one of my guitars
EyE

It's probaly just regular tissue, Kleenex or so. That works perfectly!! Just use that. I bet Steve uses it too!! :wink:
Lucky

I just stick a square of foam rubber underneath the springs...works great!
MP_Micke
Newcomer

No, not foam rubber, it's some kind of paper. At Steves EVO part of the Machines site he said it was paper. Anyway I bought Kleenex and it worked so awsome, it cut down the noise really much. Thanks for the help.
R1FSR

not sure but it looks likes medical tissue/wadding i had something very similar when i ripped my knee open...it comes in large sheets and is a bit thicker than normal tissue paper.....could be wrong though :roll:
Lucky

MP_Micke wrote:No, not foam rubber, it's some kind of paper. At Steves EVO part of the Machines site he said it was paper. Anyway I bought Kleenex and it worked so awsome, it cut down the noise really much. Thanks for the help.
I know... I was just saying how I dampen the springs personally. :wink:
bkornaker1977

it looks like an over-sized "maxi-pad" for chicks.............
brentm

I thought it looked like a grip of kleenex from a long & flat kleenex box. Although I have no expertise in the area of maxi pads.
jesalf
Newcomer

MP_Micke wrote:No, not foam rubber, it's some kind of paper. At Steves EVO part of the Machines site he said it was paper. Anyway I bought Kleenex and it worked so awsome, it cut down the noise really much. Thanks for the help.
And can I use the back plate to cover the kleenex? or it´s affect in the same way ?
Pom-Bear

whats the noise from the springs sound like anyways and do all guitars get them?
S.V_is_god88

Do u put the tissue under/over the springs or both?

Warm Regards
Chris
RAI

There is a another variation, and that is to take a sponge and cut it into strips. You stuff these strips inside the springs.
Looks alot cleaner...
xspace

That in my country is call tracing paper...
RAI

You blow your nose in tracing paper???
Interesting........

:wink:
xspace

Is he talking about the brown or the white one?

I am talking about the brown one... :roll: