EVH signature phaser?

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
Massacre

Is it true that Steve is using a Eddie Van Halen signature phaser?
AC1Chuck

I don't remember seeing one on Steve's board, but certainly on Dave Weiner's. I didn't have the chance to ask him about it, but there was no mistaking the striped box.

Cheers!
-Chuck
GuitarMofo23

Steve did have one on his pedalboard when I saw him. Maybe he gave it to Dave lol.
Drewster

I was right in front of him at the last show at the Wiltern. I saw his pedal board when his tech was putting it out. There was definetly a striped EVH phaser on it. It was probably Steves since it was with all of his other pedals and effects. I'm guessing he uses it for Km'Pu'Du'Wee' in the last verse. If someone actually knows if he uses it and what for please feel free to correct me. I just saw it and made some educated guesses.
EVO 555

sounds kool
RAI

I saw somewhere here on the board that it appears that Steve and Dave sometimes trade pedals. So whoever saw it on Dave's board was right, and whoever saw it on Steve's board was right...
8)
DJo_666
Newcomer

Steve and Dave both had them at the San Francisco show.

I thought the tone at the end of Km'Pu'Du'Wee' was a UniVibe or other rotary speaker effect. If it's that phaser I'll be amazed.
realgreenfire

DJo_666 wrote:Steve and Dave both had them at the San Francisco show.
hmm, i only saw dave having one.. i didnt see vai's, i was front row too... oh well
Bluepill

I have one and I must say---- It is one of the best things to come from Dunlop in a while. I also like their MXR Chorus.

B
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Yes - Steve has one, and he uses it during K'm Pee Du Wee.

Mikey :)
vai.com
Optiquest

On my pictures I noticed he kept the big rubber pad on the knob, is there any reason for this? Am I exposing my phase 90 to some unknown danger?
lespaulplus

I bought one of those pedals some months ago and sounds great in adition to look fantastic.

What a nice box!!!!
Naffis-kun

It looks really cool too :shock:
NOT!!!

well, I don´t really get it! He has an ass (maybe two... :wink: ) full of Eventides, G-Force and what shit not and he uses an Eddie Van Halen Phaser :shock: ?

Well, is this box some kind of unique???
Knyq

is the EVH phaser any different (on the inside) than the regular phase 90? im wondering why the EVH one is like double the price of the regular phase 90