Morley Bad Horsie Pedal, To Keep or Not to Keep?

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
BigBadMoFoGangsta

I have the Morley Bad Horsie pedal a month now and I can't really decide whether or not its worth the money. I kind of have the attitude that I could take it or leave it. And not know the difference. One thing that seems kind of annonying is that when the pedal is on it actually seems to alter the original sound in a negative way. I got about 10 more days to decidede whether or not to keep the pedal permanently. So Im looking for a few good opinions about it. Thanks.
miker

fullshredd posted some cool pics of front row Jersey concert for the current tour. He had a couple interesting pics of Steve's pedal set-up. Made me chuckle a bit... here one of the pics from Fullshred's thread:

You can check fullshredd's post here: http://www.vai.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10889

I ended up going with a Dunlop Cry Baby myself... 535Q model though.
Last edited by miker on Tue May 03, 2005 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimmyfingersminion

i think that the bad horsie has a trim pot that you can use to adjust the amout of gain introduced when the pedal ins on....that could be messing up your sound....
BigBadMoFoGangsta

Okay, this does make me kind of wonder why Steve isnt using his own pedal. Anyone?
miker

Does have a reliability issue when it gets hot... Cesar (aka WSK) posted about his experiences with that in another thread.
lespaulplus

The only problem IMO is that it is not true bypass and alter the tone when off.
However, I put it thrugh the loop and the problem is solved.

Keep it or not? Decide yourself.!!!!!!
R1FSR

jimmyfingersminion wrote:i think that the bad horsie has a trim pot that you can use to adjust the amout of gain introduced when the pedal ins on....that could be messing up your sound....
this is true ..you can adjust it as to where the WAH starts and to how much the WAH sound opens up..i did a post about this a while ago...ill see if i can find it for you.

EDIT:
here you go check this out..
http://vai.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8 ... rsie+pedal
RAI

The must-have on any pedal board:

Kleenex tissues!

:lol:
BigBadMoFoGangsta

I felt like this pedal was just going to be sitting around like some of my other effects pedals so I sent it back while I could. Maybe I'll try the weeping demon or the crybaby. I hear they are better.
SRVoodoo

ah Rai, you beat me to it!
I was thinking EXACTLY the same thing :lol:
I'd stick with the Morley AND get a Crybaby AND get a Vox!
you can never have enough Wah pedals :wink:
kpxmikey89

SRVoodoo wrote:ah Rai, you beat me to it!
what do u mean??? u want 3 difffernt brand of wahs on 1 same pedal board?

o yeah, and y would u want a kleenex tissue papers with u?
(i hav very limited live stage experience, so yeah..)
Lucky

SRVoodoo wrote:ah Rai, you beat me to it!
Hehe yep, I have all three. :)
SRVoodoo

Well, you should have at least two wah pedals with you at all times.
If you're a serious musician playing gigs.
They always seem to crap out at the wrong time!
The only one I'm missing out of the 3 is the crybaby.
I gave mine away some years ago. Then I gota Vox & then My Bad Horsie
I say that you should have all 3 because each of them has it's own distinct sound. If you want a board with all 3? Why the hell not?
jds_cobra

BigBadMoFoGangsta wrote:Okay, this does make me kind of wonder why Steve isnt using his own pedal. Anyone?
The show I went to during this tour I had the EVo pass thing. Well during the soundcheck they noticed some hum problems coming from steve's equipment. Well they checked everything out and decided it was the wah going bad. It was his bad horsie model, well they then brought out the crybaby, I'm assuming the one in the picture and tried it, well it was even worse. So if i remember right they brought the morley wah back out again. Stuff was joking about how nobody can make something that works. So i think both wahs are probably seen back and forth at different shows depending what whichever one is working better that day.
Big Bad Bill

Are you sure it's the BHII altering your tone or the extra cable length you may be introducing into the chain of effects?

I think it sounds pretty good in comparson to the rivals, but it's the switchless system that does it for me.

One thing that does reassure me about Morely is that they seem to fix/update their stuff free of charge. I left a review of my BHII on the Harmony Central website and the chief tech from Morely emailed me to thank me for my positive review (I did say it was too expensive!) and said if I had any problems I should email him! Service or what?